Race Classes *
Fantom Motors TOURING CAR SUPER STOCK - 17.5 motors. 4WD Sedan (Gravity RC Hand Out Tire - One set included in entry fee)
R1 Wurks TOURING CAR Open Modified - Open motors. Open ESC's. 4WD Sedan (Gravity RC Hand Out Tire - One set included in entry fee)
Team Scream Racing USVTA - 25.5 motors only. 4WD Late 60's to Early 70's Pony Car (Protoform VTA tire only) - NEW MOTOR RULES THIS YEAR
Destiny USGT - 21.5 motors. 4WD GT Car (Gravity USGT tires only + Any spoked rim)
WORLD GT-R - 17.5 motors. RWD GT Car (CRC WGT-R Rubber tires only)
JFT 1:12 STOCK - 17.5 motors. RWD Grand Touring Prototype (JFT Blue Stripe foam tires only)
1:12 SUPER STOCK - 13.5 Motors. RWD Grand Touring Prototype (open foam tire)
1:12 OPEN Modified - Open motors. RWD Grand Touring Prototype (open foam tire)
PRO 10 - 17.5 MOTORS. RWD 235mm 1/10 Pan Car Chassis (CRC Purple Stripe foam tire) - NEW CLASS THIS YEAR
FORMULA 1 - 25.5 motors only. RWD Formula 1 (USVTA rules will be followed) - NEW MOTOR RULES THIS YEAR
TAMIYA MAN TRUCKS - Box Stock Kit Class 4WD Trucks (Ball Bearings allowed) - MUST BE BUILT AS PER INCLUDED MANUAL
NEW - Gravity RC TOURING CAR Stock - 21.5 motors. 4WD Sedan (Gravity RC G-Spec Tyep F Hand Out FOAM Tire - Once set included in entry fee) - MUST BE ENTERED IN AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CLASSES TO BE ELIGABLE TO RUN: TOURING MOD, TOURING SUPER STOCK, USGT.
* Classes are subject to change at any time.
** Permitted motors and ESC's must be on ROAR's approved
lists to be elligible for this event.
- • There will be open & controlled practice on Thursday, March 22 / 2018.
- • This practice is included in your entry fees as long as you are paid before the Early Bird Deadline of midnight, Sunday, February 18, 2018
- • Practice fees of $20.00 for drivers not paid by the Early Bird Deadline.
- • Practice will be open during the beginning of the day, meaning all classes could be on the track at the same time, so please respect your fellow drivers. Some of the slower cars may not see the faster ones coming up behind them, so please keep an eye on traffic.
Length of open practice will be based on attendance at that time.
- • Practice times are from 8:00am to 11:00pm (subject to change at any time).
Track & Pit
- • Race to be held at the Seaway Mall – 800 Niagara Street, Welland, Ontario (click here for maps)
- • Permitted traction compound = Jack The Gripper, SXT 3.0, Sticky Fingers, Gravity RC.
- • Pit tables, chairs, & power sources will be provided, but power sources may not be directly at each table.
- • It is encouraged to bring your own pit table, if you'd like. Please keep personal tables to within 6'x2.5' per pit space (each driver). Larger tables are permitted if pitting more than one driver.
- • Bring your own extension cords & power bars
- • LiPo battery sacks for charging are now mandatory. This is new for this year's event.
- • Your entry fee includes one plate for the meal being provided at trackside by Ye Olde Squire. Additional plates will be available for $15/plate. Please add extra plates on your entry form so we can get an accurate count for food quantities required.
- • A cash bar will be available during the meal on Saturday evening. All drinks must remain inside the track/pit area. Please drink responsibly.
Motor Tech Includes - but not limited to:
Motors will be dropped off at the Motor Tech table and retrieved when the inspection process is complete.
Rotor size - inner and outer diameters
Trackside Tech Includes - but not limited to:
"Blinky" ESC Mode
Latest Approved ESC Firmware
Entry Fees and
First Class = $75 CAD (Touring Car 17.5 and Mod are an additional $30 CAD, Touring 21.5 Foam is an additional $25 CAD. These 3 classes include one set of spec tires per class entered)
2nd Class = $30 CAD (Touring Car 17.5 and Mod are an additional $30 CAD, Touring 21.5 Foam is an additional $25 CAD. These 3 classes include one set of spec tires per class entered)
Each Additional Class = $25 CAD (Touring Car 17.5 and Mod are an additional $30 CAD, Touring 21.5 Foam is an additional $25 CAD. These 3 classes include one set of spec tires per class entered)
Extra Touring Car rubber tires will be $40 CAD per set.
No limit on sets this year.
Extra Touring Car foam tires will be $25 CAD per set. No limit on sets this year. These the tires must not be trued for competition, so a set should get you through the weekend.
** NOTE ** If you wish to use a single set of tires for multiple classes, please contact race organizers so we can give you the apropriate price break on the affected classes.
ENTRY DEADLINE is Midnight, Sunday, March 18 / 2018.
EARLY BIRD DEADLINE is Midnight Sunday, February 18/ 2018. If your Payment is received no later than midnight of this date you will be able to attend an open practice on Thursday , March 22 at no additional cost. You will also be permitted to pick a personalized car number (first paid gets first pick). There may also be additional Early Bird bonuses to be announced at a later date. Any entry after the Early Bird Deadline will receive a car number at race officials choosing. ** NOTE ** There will be no refunds after the Early Bird Deadline of Midnight Sunday, February 18 / 2018.
Please make sure your payment is received before the Final Entry Deadline of Midnight, Sunday, March 18 / 2018. Registering for the event will get you on the drivers list, but payment must still be received before the entry deadline to get you a spot in the event.
A late fee of $40 CAD will apply for anyone registering after the final Registration Deadline - Midnight, Sunday, March 18 / 2017.
Entry forms can be mailed to Digital Detail, 23 Hagar St, Welland, ON. Canada, L3B 4J7
Cheques are to be made out to Digital Detail and can be mailed to Digital Detail, 23 Hagar St, Welland, ON. Canada, L3B 4J7
Entry fees through PayPal send to email@example.com
Entry fees through EMT (Email Money Transfer) send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An entry form in .pdf format that can be printed and mailed will be linked here when registration is opened.
Canada's Best Value Inn
1030 Niagara Street, Welland, Ontario - 905-735-6666
(less than 2 minutes away)
$95/night per room for 3 nights. Up to 2 person/room. Additional Person is $10 each. After March 1st, the block of rooms will be releasee. Call before then.
Use the block name R/C Canada when calling. Confirmation # 8605005.
Best Western Plus Rose City Suites
300 Prince Charles Drive, Welland, Ontario - 1-800-387-8186
(10 minutes away)
$102/night per room for Thur, Fri, Sat nights (3 nights). Up to 2 person/room. Additional Person is $10 each. After March 1st, the block of rooms will be released. Call before then.
$110/night per room for Fri, Sat nights (2 nights only).
Use the block name RC Canada when calling.
Best Western Plus Cairn Croft Hotel
6400 Lundy's Ln., Niagara Falls,
Ontario - 1-800-263-2551
(20 minutes away)
$74.99/room for Thurs night & $119.99/night for Fri and Sat. After Feb 22nd, the block of rooms will be released. Call before then.
Personal Transponder Chart
MRT transponders will work with the decoder we are using.
Tentative Event Schedule
Subject To Change
Thursday, March 22
- • Sign In -10:00am - Midnight
- • Practice - 8:00am - Midnight
Friday, March 23
- • Drivers meeting and group picture - 8:30am
- • Round 1 Qualifying - 9:00am
- • Resort
- • Round 2 Qualifying - 3:30pm (estimated start)
- • Resort
- • Open Practice - After Round 2 - Midnight
Saturday, March 24
- • Round 3 Qualifying - 9:00am
- • Round 4 Qualifying - immediately after Round 3
- • Ye Olde Squire Trackside Buffet - 6:00pm (aproximate)
- • Ye Olde Squire Trackside Cash Bar - 6:00pm (aproximate)
- • Prize Draw (Trackside) - 7:00pm (aproximate)
Sunday, March 25
- • Round 5 Mains - 9:00am
- • Trophies and pictures - 9:10am (each main will be awarded trophies and have pictures taken immediately after their race)
** There will be NO bump ups in the mains **
Feb 14 / 2018
We are getting some troubling, yet unconfirmed news about the possibility of ESC firmware advantages over others. We are going to be adding a firmware rule that will take effect immediately, and will apply to this years event. Simply put, Approved ESC's must have Firmware versions that are available to the public. This rule should help to put to rest some of the rumours floating around. It will apply to all manufacturers, and will be checked at pre-race inspection for those ESC's that we have the equipment to check. At this point, we have the ability to check 5 of the top brands of ESC's, and this number is growing. We will have a laptop and or program devices at the tech table, and will be checking Firmware at our discretion. Go to our
ESC List Page for more details about this rule.
Jan 11 / 2018
We have some new and returning sponsors this year. Destiny & Fantom Motors are coming in for their first years sponsoring the Cdn Nats and will each be class sponsors. Skycraft Hobbies, Maclan, RC America, Xray, Hudy, & Tamiya are also returning as sponsorst for 2018.
Jan 8 / 2018
New And Returning Sponsors:
We'd like to welcome back Protoform as a major sponsor of this years event. This will be their 9th year with us in the Seaway Mall. New this year, we'd like to welcome Team Scream Racing on board as the USVTA class sponsor for 2018.
Jan 3 / 2018
1:12 Stock Tire Rule:
There is a big change to the spec tire for the 1:12 scale Stock 17.5 class. Japan Foam Tire (JFT) has come onboard as a sponsor for this year's Canadian Nats. Along with this sponsorship, the JFT Blue Stripe foam tires will be the spec tire for the 1:12 Stock class. 13.5 and Mod 1:12 will remain open tire classes. They will be available at the track to purchase for a discounted price during the race weekend.
Oct 30 / 2017
Entry Fee Now Includes A Meal:
Prices have been updated and finalized. Schedule has been altered. The entry fee now includes a meal that will be catered at the track during Saturday evenings Round 4 qualifier. Estimated times are posted above.
Sep 4 / 2017
Dates have been posted for the 2018 event. Times are subject to change at any time. Some class changes have been made from last years event.
For further information
contact the race organizers at: